[Ansteorra] Current history

Stephen E. Acker SteveAcker at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 8 17:01:04 PST 2007

That would be the Battle of the Surigao Strait, 24-25 Oct, '44, and yes, it was part of the Battle of Leyte.  Five of the six participating U.S. Battleships (BB's) had been at Pearl, all had been outfitted with either 10cm or 3cm fire control radar which was key to the ensuing obliteration of the Japanese forces.  Historically, this may have been the last BB vs. BB encounter ever.  I think...

Joachim
"...Halsey acted stupidly..."