[Ansteorra] Important info on Seawinds demo at Ingleside Renfair

Patty prand at swbell.net
Wed Dec 5 15:17:51 PST 2007

Greetings all,

  Seawinds demo at the Ingleside "Enchanted Forest" Renfair is this weekend--8th & 9th.  I would like to thank all who have  volunteered to support us in this our biggest demo for the year.  The weather looks great with little chance of rain.

  Here is some important information I need to pass along:

  Our website  www.seawinds.org  has been updated with a schedule (please note below the few changes we just made) a map (at the very bottom) with the layout of the park and a direct link to the directions to the renfair from the Chamber's website.

  CHECK IN:
    EVERYONE, please check in with me so I know who is there.  I  have site tokens for everyone to wear so you may come and go from the faire with no problems.
  I will also have a list of areas and times that we will need volunteers--hospitaler, marshals, security at camp.  We could use more rapier fighters!

  CAMPING:
  For those arriving on Friday you should be able to drive in through what is the Main Gate on the map.  Take a left once in the park and you will find our camping area.  Please find me and check in and we will find you a camping spot.   We will have lights set up for those arriving after dark on Friday.  All cars must be moved by 9 am Sat morning!!!

  For those arriving Sat morning you will need to drive in the road from the SCA parking to our campsite, you cannot enter the park, you will have to off load at the edge of our camp.  Once you have unloaded you will need to drive back down the road to park your car.  A few of you will be needing to set up camp.  There should be someone in camp to help you find a spot.

  SITE INFORMATION:
  The park is sandy and we are expecting 12-15 mph winds for the weekend,  you may need extra staking on the period pavillions.  The camping area is not too bad but where we are setting up the list field is pretty soft in areas.
  BE ADVISED:  there are grass stickers big time in the park. I do not recommend sandles or open toed shoes at all.  We are dragging the park (at least our area) with carpet in hopes of taking care of some of them.

  No ground fires, we should have a couple of fire pits in the SCA camp.
  We should have two showers set up, don't expect hot water though.
  Please check the website for  additional site rules

  FOOD:
  The King's Feast was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.  However the Chamber and the Shire will be hosting a feast for all the SCA volunteers, the faires vendors and entertainers Sat night at 6pm in the park.  The following is the menu:

  Barley Soup
  Bread & Butter

  Chicken in Ale
  Sausage
  Braised Cabbage with Apples & Cherries
  Roasted Sweet Carrots
  Rice

  Spice Cake
  Spiced Mulled Cider

  The menu for the rest of the weekend:
  Friday night: Spaghetti, salad and bread
  Sat
  Breakfast: egg, potato and sausage & cheese taquitos,
  Lunch:  Beef Stew, salad and Bierox (meat filled pastries)
  dinner: Feast

  Sunday
  Breakfast: pancakes, ham, eggs
  Lunch:  Leftovers

  Iced Tea, Lemonade, Gatorade, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Hot Tea, Apple Cider will be available all weekend.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich fixings will be available at all meals for those that do not wish to partake of the scheduled meal.

  SCHEDULE:
  Please check  our website for the complete schedule.  Please note the following changes to Sat:

  12:00  Viking Invasion
  1:30   Dance
  3:30   Dance

  We are showcasing all aspects of the SCA and providing medieval atmosphere for the faire, please remember to hide the mundane and attempt to stay in persona.

  The Shire of Seawinds is humbled by the response for help we have received from those throughout the Kingdom.  If you have not registered with me yet, please email me ASAP! I need to put your name on the gate list and we must buy food!

  If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me at prand at swbell.net

  Caitriona