[Ansteorra] Art Museums

Bulgarelli Maria scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 09:55:37 PST 2007

Houston has the Museum of Natural Sciences.  It's got
the Cockrell Butterfly exhibit which is really fun -
you walk through the exhibit and the butterflies are
just fluttering around.  They'll land on you if you
stand still long enough.  Currently they also have the
Lucy exhibit, which runs through April, but they
sometimes extend the exhibits.  You can check out what
exhibits are there by going to www.hmns.com.  There's
also an IMAX, a Planetarium and an Observatory there.
Really neat.  And if the kids like dinosaurs, shells
and gems, they'll love those exhibits too.  Really
first class.

We also have a great Fine Arts museum here in Houston.
  Although I've never been there, I looked up their
web site and they have some cool stuff coming.
There's a Korean Art and Culture exhibit there til
Dec. 2008.  It looks really cool.  I may have to go
see it.  there's also a Tales of Pompeii exhibit
coming in Feb.  Not sure how long it will run.

There is also supposed to be a really great collection
of caligraphy at the U of H library.  Mistress Hillery
can probably give you more info on that.  I've never
seen it.  (Mistress Hillery can you chime in here
about that?)

Then there's also the Battleship Texas, the San
Jacinto Monument, NASA, and all the other cool stuff
to do here in Houston.  And if you get bored here,
Galveston is just a 1.5 hour drive.  And there's all
the cool stuff there.

Maria