[Ansteorra] Who fired the first shot...

Patrick R tex_yankee2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 09:04:14 PST 2007

I think the History channel agrees with you, at least that is what is what the show I saw last night said. OMG sitting at home on a friday night watching the history channel, I need to get a life.

  Dante

"Stephen E. Acker" <SteveAcker at satx.rr.com> wrote:
  Greetings all,

In reply, I believe the first shot(s) of WWII in the Pacific Theater came from the USS Ward on anti-submarine duty outside Pearl Harbor. They saw and fired on a Japanese 'mini' sub tailing a ship trying to enter Pearl. A recent expedition confirmed the subs location and the log book entry of the Ward stating a hit from the 5" gun to the conning tower of the sub. Took 'em 50 odd years to verify this...

Joachim