[Ansteorra] Seawinds Demo in newspaper

Patty prand at swbell.net
Tue Dec 11 09:23:22 PST 2007

I would like to add my thanks to all who travelled to Seawinds this past weekend to help us in our demo.  It was a huge success for us and I hope everyone had a great time.  We sure enjoyed your company, and we are in your debt.

  In addition to those that HL Caley mentioned there are a few more good gentles to thank.....Lord Malachai Morgan  who came and fought rapier, Rhys Terafan Greydragon who jousted, and Lord Danielis de Lindocollino another dancer from Brwyn Gwlad.  And BTW all the dancers from Brwyn Gwlad helped as ground crew for the equestrians.  And Katharyn Clatworthy danced in addition to her EQ support.  Thank you all for traveling to our fair shire to lend a hand and help us look pretty....Malachai, Isabella and Colin, Terafan, and Armaris all set up beautiful period pavillions to help our encampment look great and hide all the mundane tents.

  To my fellow Seawinders I would like to thank you all for your exceptional hard work not only this past weekend but all these months prior.  All our hard work paid off, we looked so colorful and festive and we added so much atmosphere to the faire.  I am so proud to be a part of this great shire.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

  HL Caitriona

medicfem at aol.com wrote:
  Greetings Ansteorra!

The Shire of Seawinds was very, very?pleased at our turn out for the Ingleside Ren-Faire! The Chamber of Commerce was thrilled at our " performances" along with the Viking Invasion group out of Waco, European dancers, the Equestrian games/Jousting, the Chiv and rapier fighting, the the wonderful A&S displays and teaching. Oh and the color! We had lots of fabulous banners! The weather was perfect.

We could not have done this event without the help of some really fabulous people from Throughout?our kingdom. To each of you,?I ask you to call on?Seawinds. We are forever in your debt and could not have done this event without you. We are truly blessed to have you as friends. I personally want to thank HL Catalina, HL Esteban, HE Thomas and HE Jan... for sitting as nobles for the evening feast and adding color to our faire throughout the day. Lady Isabella and Lord Colin for not only dancing their toes off but helping with set up and set down! Armaris, Armand, and Katerine who missed their own Bjornsburg Yule to assist us. Mistress Lorraine, Sir Alexius, Lady Belle (Sky), Lord Marcus, Lord Eiric, Lady Ysabeau, her young daughter Kat - who worked her tail off in my kitchen, Lady Katherine - a constant Seawinds EQ supporter, and I know of at least ten more "new friends" from throughout this kingdom but am afraid I will have to refer back to the gate list so I would not
 butche
r your names... I bow deeply in thanks to?each of you.?To the 70 plus Seawinders who some came out of the wood work and worked?and worked. I have never been so proud to be Seawinds! None of you sat down longer than 30 minutes, I swear! I?thank you, thank you, thank you! We had a lot of people interested in the SCA, watch Seawinds grow.

There was an article in the local paper showing a great picture of jousting and two of our local husband/wife chiv fighters on the field. Check out the picture gallery and article off this page.

Festival promises escape

http://caller.com/news/2007/dec/09/festival-promises-escape/

Corpus Christi Caller Times, Caller.com

Hopefully I will be able to send out some more pictures in the coming days!?My friends, it?was truely magical.

In service to sharing our Dream,

HL Eleanora Elizabeth Caley ( called Caley)
Proud Seawinder
(and occasional Feast Stewart)

and

Lord Gavin Mac Giolla Rua