[Ansteorra] Oklahoma?

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tue Dec 11 12:11:53 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 09:27:18AM -0800, gail young wrote:
> How's the weather up there?  Everyone able to get to DFT this weekend?
>   gwyneth

Here in Namron, there are about 20,000 houses/businesses without power
-- including us. We lost power Sunday night, and have no idea when it
will be restored here. Thank goodness we have a generator; we're using
it to run the fridge, network connection, a server, TV and cable box,
and some lights.

We've got gas heat and a gas water heater. This is not true for all
folks: I know a bunch of folks with no heat at all.

A drive through Norman and the area reveals lots of badly damaged
trees. It is, according to the Weather Service, the worst ice storm in
Oklahoma since they began keeping records here.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO