[Ansteorra] Travel times or distances

Jay Yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Dec 18 06:46:49 PST 2007

If heading for a unknown location, I usually opt for my local copy of
MapPoint, a MSoft business product that integrates nicely with Office &
Outlook (my standards) that you often get for free at their product
rollouts/seminars and can usually find it deeply discounted ... simply add
the destination address and set a point and print out a map (of set of maps
showing ever increasing detail ... very useful when you've never been to a
place.

For this application, you can set points at the geographic centers of each
group to get approximate distances ... but since groups are widely dispersed
and locations of events tend to vary, the approximations and routes can vary
widely .... really easier to do it case-case and set destination points for
the common primary sites (gulf war, pensic, etc).  Like most in-class local
& web products, you can do route maps in whatever level of detail you
require.

Another nice feature of this product, if you have a MS based mobile device
or laptop that accepts GPS, you can track where you are in relation to the
map if you get very lost ....

'wolf
	... for a new age, new navigation tools