[Ansteorra] Art Museums

Kristi Johnson kristi_johnson1972 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 13:19:09 PST 2007

I too must chime in for DFW.  There are marvelous
museums in both Dallas and Fort Worth.  I hear Dallas
is soon to get the King Tut exhibt.  Need to look that
one up as to when though.  Both Dallas and Fort Worth
have zoos.  Dallas has the Arboretum and Fort Worth
has the Botanical Gardens.  When my youngest son
(4yrs) and I go to the Botanical Gardens we play a
game we call Hidden Castle where we come up with a
fairy tale name and characters for the different
features of the Gardens. The Botanical Gardens also
contain a Japanese Garden with Kio fish you can feed.
The Botanical Gardens are free but the Japanese Garden
has a small admission charge.

Fort Worth has the Stockyards and a vibrant Downtown.

Dallas has an aquarium at Fair Park and also the
Dallas World Aquarium.  The DWA is like an indoor
aquarium and zoo.  Great when the weather stinks.  Of
course the is also Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, the
Ballpark at Arlington, and Palace of Wax stuck right
in between the two cities in Arlington.

Fossil Rim Wildlife Center and the Dinosaur Valley
State Park in Glen Rose are a good stop in the area
too.  Also there is Lake Mineral Wells State Park in
Mineral Wells.  There is a rock climbing area there
that is alot of fun to explore even without climbing.

And we DON'T have killer humidity and mosquitos the
size of buzzards.

Have fun where ever you go!

Thora O.