[Ansteorra] SCA in the News, Vol. 1, Issue 8

Blair Frodelius blair at frodelius.com
Fri Feb 2 15:08:20 PST 2007

_*SCA in the News: Volume 1, Issue 8 - January 27-February 2, 2007*__*
*_ _*
*_*Curious Writer Makes Living Off Curious Subjects
<http://www.startribune.com/106/story/967140.html>*
Star-Tribune - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN,USA
"I was a nun and then I became an abbess ... Anything medieval is fair
game. They do foot-fighting in armor, the feasts, the costuming, the
crafts, stitchery, painting and calligraphy. Anything."
_*
Cultural Enrichment <http://post-journal.com/articles.asp?articleID=11923>*_
The Post-Journal - Jamestown, NY, USA
The making of chain mail and Viking garments for both males and females
will be taught at the Scandinavian Culture Days at Jamestown Community
College, Saturday Feb. 3rd, 2007.
*/_
Fun link of the week_/**  Historic Tale Construction Kit:
*http://www.adgame-wonderland.de/type/bayeux.php

*/_Video of the week_/*  *A medieval themed TV ad:
*http://www.rav4jousting.co.uk/

/SCA in the News courtesy of Gyles de Blair, //Barony of Delftwood
<http://www.delftwood.org/>, Kingdom of Aethlemearc
<http://www.aethelmearc.org>/