[Ansteorra] Question 2/22

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya zubeydah at northkeep.org
Thu Feb 22 05:19:13 PST 2007

I appreciate it when folks of the Peerage and Nobility and Grant level use
their titles, because it helps newcomers not make a social gaffe when
corresponding or meeting folks for the first time.

When I was pretty new to Ansteorra, I'd seen someone sign their emails very
casually - just their first name. When I began corresponding with them, I
did not use the correct form of address ( I used 'Milady' not knowing any
better), and was gently chastized for it. I was mortified.

Now, I try and look folks up in the online OP before emailing, so as not to
make that embarassing mistake again. Had I ever seen a title in an email, it
would have flagged me to check to make sure I was addressing this person
correctly, when asking them for their help.

-Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya