[Ansteorra] Question 2/22

Emeline de Neville emelinedeneville at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 07:31:49 PST 2007

> 1. In your opinion when is it appropriate to use
> Titles, Station, or Office
> on a list when signing an e-mail?

Depends on 'who' is answering the email.  I have
separate emails for Emeline(Lady) and the Bryn Gwlad
Seneschal, so I sign those emails differently.
However, folks still use my Emeline address for
seneschal business.  I sometimes have to ask, are you
telling Emeline this or are you telling the Seneschal
this?  I will throw Lady, Cadet to..., and location in
there, if I'm doing a 'in persona' email, like a
letter of intent (I know, I know, I should do them via
regular mail) or an invitation to something.  And if
I'm emailing out of Kingdom, I will put Ansteorra and
sometimes even Barony of Bryn Gwlad in my signature.

> 2. In your opinion when is it appropriate to list
> Household affiliation
> or Championships, etc on a list when signing an
> e-mail?

Household, if the household has something to do with
the email, hosting a party, this is how we do it in my
household, etc.
Championships, if the email is 'in persona', like a
rally to War or a call for attention to the subject of
your championship.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem with
anyone using their title, their office, their full
name, their affiliations, championships and favorite
flavor of jello, so long as they sign their email.  I
hate having to try and figure out who said what based
on the email address.

Emeline
 or
Lady Emeline Neville
Cadet to Don Avery Shaw & Dona Gwenneth of Glamorgan
Seneschal, Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom Ansteorra
House Lucerna
(Strawberry)