[Ansteorra] Question 2/22

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Thu Feb 22 07:35:15 PST 2007

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya wrote:
> When I was pretty new to Ansteorra, I'd seen someone sign their emails very
> casually - just their first name. When I began corresponding with them, I
> did not use the correct form of address ( I used 'Milady' not knowing any
> better), and was gently chastized for it. I was mortified.

You are not obligated to know everyone. If I am not wearing my brass hat
why would I expect you to bow?

If the person you describe was truly chastising you for not knowing who
she was then shame on her. OTOH if she was just explaining who she was
then you may need a bit thicker skin. Not having seen the actual missive
I cannot say which is the case.

Christian Doré, and if I expected to be addressed by a title I would
sign with it.