[Ansteorra] Question 2/22

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 04:47:00 PST 2007

At 12:04 AM 2/22/2007, you wrote:
>I've actually been wanting to bring this up for a while...
>
>1. In your opinion when is it appropriate to use Titles, Station, or Office
>on a list when signing an e-mail?

I think it's *entirely* up to the person writing the message.

I tend to sign all my stuff as simply "Tivar Moondragon" because on
the one hand, I figure most folks already have some clue who I am,
and on the other hand, If I listed all my alphabet soup, the
signature would probably be longer than the message.

>2. In your opinion when is it appropriate to list Household affiliation
>or Championships, etc on a list when signing an e-mail?

Again, it's entirely up to the individual. If I'm posting to an
out-of-kingdom or SCA-wide list, I'll add "Ansteorra" below my name
so folks know where I'm from. That tends to help on interkingdom
anthropology issues.

         -Tivar Moondragon
Court Baron, Pelican, Premier White Scarf, Star of Merit, Lion of
Ansteorra, Sable Thistles in Costuming and Rapier Research, Queen's
Glove of Ansteorra, Queen's Grace of Atenveldt, Queen's Blade of
Honor from HRM Cateau, Queen's Rapier, Circle of the Ascending Star,
Order of the Halberd and the Order of the Dreigiau Bryn of Bryn
Gwlad, Order of the Sable Comet, and Champion to HRM Tessa of the Gardens
(See what I mean? <G>)