[Ansteorra] Question 2/22

Elisabeth B. Zakes kitharis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 06:40:36 PST 2007

The hard part can be walking the line between being proud of your
accomplishments, and being seen as bragging. If you don't use a title, some
will think you're belitting yourself. If you do, others will see you as
bragging. Everyone has to decide for himself how he wants to present
himself.

I, since e-mail is a rather modern communication method, simply use the
name, and add local group if to the Kingdom, and add Kingdom if to an
interkingdom venue. At events, I prefer to be styled Lady Aethelyan, since
that's a valid title for myself, and would have been a valid title for a
Baroness and Peer of the Realm in period. (Yes, there's nothing wrong with
using a lesser title that you have, if you prefer.) If the circumstance
dictates, I will add more (or have the person speaking about me add more, if
they wish). And if I need the weight of the Pelican for some odd reason,
I'll go head and use Mistress. But it's rare.

For e-mail, I'll use a title that's appropriate to the subject, if needed.

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad