[Ansteorra] Question 2/22

Sluggy! sluggy9912 at swbell.net
Thu Feb 22 10:51:58 PST 2007

> On 2/22/07, L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > 1. In your opinion when is it appropriate to use Titles, Station, or
> > Office on a list when signing an e-mail?
> >
> > 2. In your opinion when is it appropriate to list Household affiliation
> > or Championships, etc on a list when signing an e-mail?

In my meager experience in such matters, I almost always sign the very
informal name by which I am almost universally known, Sluggy, usually
with a ! :) The bad thing about this is that there is a large number of
people, some of whom are close friends, who do not seem to actually know
my registered SCA name!

When I was the Chronicler of Loch Ruadh and was sending traffic thereto
appertaining, I signed the slightly more formal "Robert of Slugglenn" or
maybe "Robartach O'Sluaghain" once that name was registered, though I
think I was no longer Chronicler by that time. Most of my traffic was on
Loch Ruadh's mail list, so the convention was largely the formality of
office traffic being signed by the officer.

If the message is addressed to a large fairly informal audience, such as
this list, the chances of my being known are slimmer and I tend to sign
my registered name with the modifier "b.k.a. Sluggy!".

In formal correspondence, especially with the Crown, like award
recommendations and such, I tend to use the full formal signature "Lord
Robartach O'Sluaghain, Shire of Loch Ruadh" and often include "b.k.a.
Sluggy!", for even crowns who know me tend to know me as Sluggy.

I hold a Sable Comet and a Sable Thistle and some somewhat less known
awards, but I don't think I've ever included them in a signature.

Robartach O'Sluaghain, b.k.a. Sluggy!

PS See?