[Ansteorra] To title or not to title

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 11:40:15 PST 2007

At 12:45 PM 2/25/2007, you wrote:

>  Oh I agree completely with what you've written below, and have
> done most of them at one time or another for the same reasons. As
> for the situation I mentioned, this was years ago (as in the era
> before most people had computers), so the OP was not as easy to
> check then as it is now.  As to why a paper copy was not first
> reviewed to see what I had, I don't know - the reasons given below
> for the Crown's displeasure are the very ones I was presented with at the time.

And on the third hand, there's at least a 50/50 chance that the Crown
is going to be thinking about giving someone Award X at an event,
when they won't have ready access to either a computer or a paper
copy of the OP.

I've been in any number of Pelican (or White Scarf) meetings where
someone gets brought up, and the consensus is that they're not ready
for the Pelican, but how about a Star of Merit... or do they already have one?

         -Tivar Moondragon