[Ansteorra] hello is there anyone out there

Rod Jackson culn97 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 09:10:55 PST 2007

Greetings, Your Grace,

  I am sorry that you are not feeling well.  Please get getter soon.

  I am currently scouting caravan trails through the Hindu Kush (working out of Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan) for my Friend, Lord Wolfgar von Regensburg's Company of Traders.

  Curious thing happened a few weeks ago.  I found a Fencing Master here, of all places, and have begun to study the Gentle Art of Rapier Combat.  There are about 20 of us, sharing 3 masks, 2 Jackets, 4 foils, and 2 epees, and 1 over worked pair of gloves.  If anyone has any used by serviceable equipment to donate, we have Army Soldiers, Airmen, Naval Personnel, and Marines in the group that would really appreciate it.  My Loving Daughter, Lady Anna de Nice, has donated a mask and jacket.  She tried fencing some years ago, but a congenital birth defect in her ankles rendered them not strong enough for the strain.

  We are making do with sticks and PVC pipe, and closely watched by our instructor for safety.  We have not progressed to the point of free sparring, but the students are eager.  Mostly practicing the footwork.

  I am not sure when I will be able to return to our fair Kingdom, I do miss it so.

  As I travel, I talk to people about the history of the area, and about our Society, so that they might enjoy our comraderie when they return to their home Kingdoms, where ever that might me.

  Missing Home,

  Your Servant,

  Ld Colin McCrandall,
  Tir Medion

"willowdewisp at juno.com" <willowdewisp at juno.com> wrote:
  I am not feeling good and I am a little down. Could someone write me about sometime fun that you are doing.
Willow