[Ansteorra] RE Coronation and the Ice Storm

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 09:43:35 PST 2007

Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:47:08 -0600
From: Burke McCrory <burkemc at cox.net>
Subject: [Ansteorra] Coronation and the Ice Storm
To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Cc: mooneschadowe at yahoogroups.com
<<This weather forecast has really got me worried.  They are now 
predicting that the freezing rain and ice will start on Friday mid 
morning and before it is done drop between 1" to 2" of ice in central 
Oklahoma.  The maps show that about 1" of ice will fall all the way 
down into North Texas.  Are people still planning on trying to go 
down to Coronation?

Yep, though in my case, I'm heading UP to Coronation. 
I figure with most of the driving on the interstates, the roads should be clear and passable. 

Yahoo weather listed: 
Friday: Rain showers in the morning becoming steady in the afternoon. High 56F. Winds SE at 10 to
20 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch. 

Friday night: Rain showers in the evening then light rain and freezing rain overnight. Low 31F.
Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 60%. 

Saturday: Rain and freezing rain. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the low 30s. 
(since I'm not driving Saturday except to the site, figured this would be ok)

Sunday: Clouds giving way to sun. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 20s

I figure to bring my warm gear and a few flashlights if the power goes out. 
Are you suggesting that Coronation be postphoned or such? 
Hillary / Stargate region.

More information about the Ansteorra mailing list