[Ansteorra] Kingdom Chronicler Office Opening
barat at cox.net
Fri Jan 26 12:18:43 PST 2007
As mentioned in the December Black Star my term of office as Kingdom
Chronicler ends with the June ’07 issue. Therefore it is with a
mixture of regret and joy that I open my office for applications.
To be successfully as Kingdom Chronicler you need the following:
1. Moderate to advances graphic design skills.
2. Modern page layout software. While it might be possible to
produce the Black Star using MS Word or Publisher, your life will be
much easier and the production of the Black Star will take much less
time if you have professional layout software such as InDesign or (if
all else fails) QuarkXPress – and already know how to use the
software. You will also need a copy of and the ability to use Photoshop.
4. The following hardware: a flatbed scanner, a printer for
proofing, reliable broadband Internet access (almost all Black Star
communications are now done by email), and a phone (because not all
Black Star communications are done by email).
5. Because this position requires you to work, on a monthly basis,
with members of the kingdom from the Crown and Great Offices to the
seneschal of a newly formed incipient group, you will need a working
knowledge of the political structure of the kingdom.
6. A cordial and helpful attitude is essential to this job. My job
is not to spank groups who send in their event ad late (though I do
have to do that at times), but to assist in getting that ad
published. If you are not a patient person, this job is not for you.
7. The ability to hit deadlines, every month, regardless of how busy
your life becomes.
8. The ability to travel and attend coronations, King’s Round
Tables, and crown tourneys.
9. A commitment to do the job for 2 years.
If you are interested in applying, please submit the following items
to the Crown, the Society Chronicler, and to myself no later than
April 1, 2007:
1. A letter of application listing your graphic design skills and
equipment, a listing of positions you have held within the Society, a
listing of mundane (I like that word by the way) positions you have
held that are applicable, and an estimated budget for Black Star
printing (take several recent copies of the Black Star to several
local printers you have worked with before – get a quote for 1,200
pieces per month). If you plan on continuing to distribute the Black
Star in envelopes as I do (something I highly recommend) you will
also need to get a quote for the cost of the envelopes. You don’t
need to include the cost of postage in your estimate.
2. A printed mockup of the design you plan to use for your Black Star.
3. A photocopy of your membership card and driver’s license.
If you have further questions please contact me at your earliest
H.L. Barat FitzWalter Reynolds
Outgoing Kingdom Chronicler - Ansteorra
M.K.A. Stephen Pursley
1908 Shelby Ct.
Norman, OK 73071
chronicler at ansteorra.org
More information about the Ansteorra