[Ansteorra] ice, ice baby

Rod Jackson culn97 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 01:45:59 PST 2007

Greetings, All,

  I have been at Ft Sill, OK, for the past couple of weeks and I got the call to return to Ft Hood yesterday, in prep for returning to the Sand Box.  A co-worker and I will be trekking South this morning after sun-up.  Guess our timing is not very good.

  The Wandering Welchman,

  Colin

Laura Betenbaugh <mbetenbaugh at houston.rr.com> wrote:

> They let Fort Hood go home early today with a late reporting time
> tomorrow.
> But if it keeps it up through the night, I won't be going in tomorrow
> either.
>
> Gilli
> Burkhaven, An Odyssey of Learning

I left work 2 hours early today when I discovered my horse trailer, with my
horse inside was covered with a thin sheet of ice. I work Mounted Patrol at
I-10 and Beltway 8 in Houston. My partner left at 7:00 because 290 was icing
up and his horses are kept off of 290 and Cypress Rosehill. (N. W. of
town). I live SW of town, and stayed an extra hour. I had no problem getting
home, but stayed off the freeways, and traveled surface streets to avoid
crossing bridges and overpasses. I didn't want to try driving a truck
hauling a 4 horse trailer on ice. Thank-God I'm off tomorrow.
Good luck, be safe, and stay warm and dry if you can,
Lorraine Fraser