[Ansteorra] SCA in the News, Vol. 1, Issue 6

Blair Frodelius blair at frodelius.com
Fri Jan 19 06:58:18 PST 2007

_*SCA in the News: Volume 1, Issue 6 - January 13-19, 2007*__*
*_

*Word Wenches: Playing With History
<http://wordwenches.typepad.com/word_wenches/2007/01/playing_with_hi.html>*
Blog
The group I had some personal contact with is the Markland Medieval
Mercenary Militia, which is focused in the Mid-Atlantic area.  I think
the Battle of Hastings, between the Anglo-Saxons and the Normans, is
their totemic event.
<http://news.google.com/news?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&persist=1&hl=en&client=google&ncl=1112405330>

_* *_//

*/_Fun link of the week_/**  A list of medieval insults
http://www.uoregon.edu/~midages/insults.shtml
<http://www.uoregon.edu/%7Emidages/insults.shtml>
*

*/_Video of the week_/*  *A pilot episode for a British medieval based
sitcom* *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twXoKm0mD_c*

/SCA in the News courtesy of Gyles de Blair, //Barony of Delftwood
<http://www.delftwood.org/>, Kingdom of Aethlemearc
<http://www.aethelmearc.org>/