[Ansteorra] Dance Classes at Candlemas

Sunny Briscoe sunnyday72 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 13:42:52 PST 2007

Greetings,

Somehow I missed some of the Dance Classes, and you wouldn't want to
miss those at Candlemas.  Here's the complete list below.

Elisabetta Morosini
Class Coordinator

10:00:00 AM - 10:45:00 AM English Country dances - Beginner   by Lady
Ætheldreda of Dun Breatan
dancing. The students will dance through Rufty- Tufty, Hearts ease,
and Black Nag if time permits.This is a wonderful place to start your
morning at Candlemas.
Limit: none, 45 minutes, Fees: free Supplies Needed: none,

11:00:00 AM - 11:45:00 AM Medieval dance: Basic Skills Bransles  Level
1 Youth activity by Lady Isabella of Bryn Gwlad
youth study will start with basic steps single, double and bransle
steps. These steps will be used as a foundation for many dances. The
students will dance through maltese bransle, Horses bransle, Half
Hannigan, Pease bransle. Each student will have to demonstrate the
techniques shown in order to successfully complete the course.
Limit: none, 45 minutes, Fees: free Supplies Needed: none,

12:00:00 PM - 12:45:00 PM 15th Century Italian dance- Novice   by Lady
Isabella of Bryn Gwlad
These steps will be used as a foundation for many dances. One does not
need to know Italian to participate in the class. We will also dance
through several dances including Amoroso and Petit Riense.
Limit: none, 45 minutes, Fees: free Supplies Needed: none,

1:00:00 PM - 1:45:00 AM Courtly Flirting Dance 101   by HL Sorcha
"Star" ni Fhaolain
some dances of Courtly Love. This includes a participative discussion
on tips and techniques for being the most enjoyable flirt on the dance
floor and a hand-out on the language of the fan. Ladies, feel free to
bring a fan to practice dancing with--this does NOT mean we are doing
fan dances. Dances will include some of our favorites from English
Country Dances, an Allemande or two, and one SCA Original
Choreography--Cat's Exchange.
Limit: none, 45 minutes, Fees: free Supplies Needed: none,

2:00:00 PM - 2:45:00 AM Intermediate 15th Century Italian dance   by H
L Myfanwy ferch Eifion
steps. Dances taught will include Geliosa and Rostiboli.  HL Myfanwy
is past dance guild principal and has taught at several Kingdom dance
symposiums. We look forward to having her teach at Candlemas.
Limit: none, 45 minutes, Fees: free Supplies Needed: none,

3:00:00 PM - 3:45:00 AM Alman Right: Almans for Beginners   by Master
Daniel de Lincoln
good for the tired. They're also graceful. If you like, you can easily
chat, gossip, or flirt.
Limit: none, 45 minutes, Fees: free Supplies Needed: none,