[Ansteorra] Waterbearer Supplies for GW - Household Competition

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 19:50:55 PST 2007

Found on My Space... amazingly enough...

L DeerSlayer
Each year the call goes out, "Please bring empty 2-liter bottles to Gulf Wars!" This is a competition for households to see which house can collect the greatest number of 2-liter bottles for the Gulf Wars Waterbearing cause. This activity hopes to fulfill three aspects:

 Supply the Gulf Wars Waterbearers with much needed empty bottles.
 Put all households on the same level in a friendly competition. Size doesn't matter!

 Materials to be collected are empty 2-liter bottles and pop tops. Quality will count! Read the requirements for donating empty 2-liter bottles on the Gulf Wars website below. One point is given for each bottle collected, bonuses are given to meeting the 'other' requests. Sheer number can win, but in the event of a tie on number of bottles, quality will decide. Donating pop-tops is an automatic double bonus!

 Want to earn extra points? We have added Gatoraide, pickles and oranges to the list. These items will be bonus points! 10 points extra for Gatoraide (powdered, any flavor but red), Gatoraide will once again be 3/4 strength this year instead of the normal 1/4. 10 points for whole/sliced pickles and 10 points for Oranges.

 Interested households wishing to compete should email the Trimarian Kingdom Waterbearer with your household name, kingdom and group at Waterbearer at gulfwars.org Once you arrive at Gulf Wars, submit your contribution at the Waterbearing Point near the fort. Contributions for competition will be accepted at all times, just look for the 'Waterbearer's Challenge Donation Station' sign. Materials for competition may be submitted all week, up until noon on Thursday. Winner will be announced at Great Court on Saturday night. There will be a prize for the winning household. This is open to all households attending Gulf Wars from any Kingdom.

 We plan on having each waterbearing station open 1 hour before the activities start and should remain open and staffed for the duration of the activities. Please look for the following banner as a guide to a waterbearing station near you:1 ft. white silk with a blue waterdrop

 In order to reach this goal we will need YOUR help. Please volunteer at the main waterbearing station, located at the Fort. Volunteer lots! Its good for you and for your Kingdom!

 A few things to remember:

 You must be 18 years of age to waterbear on a fighting field.
 **Please note that we can ALWAYS use the help, even if your are under 18!!**
 If you are 13-17, your parent or legal guardian must sign you up to waterbear.
 If you are 12 or under, your parent or legal guardian must sign you up AND waterbear with you!!
 You must have a signed membership card or be willing to sign a waiver.

 WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

 Help yourself, help your fighter friends, help everyone! Bring two, clean 2 liter bottles to the war!
 Other donations are always appreciated! We can always use Sports Drinks (no clear flavors please!), oranges, pickles, and of course your volunteer hours! If you would like to donate anything, please bring them to the Fort waterbearing station.

 As always, please feel free to contact the Waterbearer in Charge with questions, concerns or for volunteering!

 YIS to the Crown and the Dream! Vivat!