[Ansteorra] Coronation Cancelled

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 19:26:13 PST 2007

At 11:46 AM 1/13/2007, you wrote:

>King's Champion Tourney has been at Coronation for several years now
>and that hasn't caused a problem.  I don't see it as much different.
>   But then, I'm not a fighter<G>
>   gwyneth

Umm... yes, there's a bit of difference between Queen's Champion and
King's Champion. Queen's is one of the longest-running tournaments in
Ansteorra. It was started in AS 15 by Ansteorra's second Queen, HRM
Joycelyn (I *think* only Steppes Warlord and Namron Protectorate have
been around longer.) No offense to the folks on the  armored side of
the field, but King's Champion is a comparative latecomer, having
only been around for the last ten years or so.

Queen's is the preeminent rapier tournament in the Known World, and a
marvellous expression of the love Ansteorran rapier fighters have for
Her Majesty. The entire focus of the event is on the Queen; even His
Majesty takes a back seat on that day.

All that being said, will having Coronation at Queen's cause a
problem? *I* don't think so. We've done it before (TRM Kein &
Alisha's second coronation, IIRC) when the schedules just wouldn't
work any other way. It'll be a bit of a challenge to squeeze two
major kingdom events into a single day with only two weeks of
prep-time, but we're Ansteorrans, challenges don't frighten us.

         -Tivar Moondragon