[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 9, Issue 20

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 16 22:44:15 PST 2007

Greetings Sandra,

That is a good point. I've told of similar stories but I haven't
thought of telling them specifically to alter the concerns of people
about this strange, freaky group I'm in.

I know of a number of other stories, some first hand, that aren't in
here, but here is a collection of stories that might be of use when
demonstrating this side of the Society to others. This is in the SCA-
SOCIOLOGY section of the Florilegium:
SCA-as-family-msg (52K)  7/10/05    Sometimes the SCA is more like
family.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/SCA-as-family-msg.html

Stefan

On Jan 15, 2007, at 4:47 PM, Celeste Shelton wrote:

> Thank  you Hans for helping our Coastal brother and sister and
> thank you Daffydd and Octavia for giving them a place to stay until
> they could return to their own lands.  I have often told my family
> (who doesn't understand this crazy SCA stuff at all), that one of
> the wonderful benefits is the fact that no matter where I go, I
> have friends and acquaintances who will help me if I really need
> them.  It is fabulous to know that I am correct and that this
> "game" that we play impacts our lives in such a positive way.
>
> Vivat to each of you and may everyone be safe during these ice
> storms all over our kingdom.
>
> Saundra
>

>> From: DAFPIG at aol.com> Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:40:49 -0500> To:
>> ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Ansteorra
>> Digest, Vol 9, Issue 20> > Greetings Ansteorra!> > After an
>> "interesting" weekend, We have been assured the Ld iL Danach and
>> Ldy > Isabella are on their way home tonight. Daffydd and I were
>> very happy to be > of the small assistance However, the real
>> thanks must go to our Coronation > stewart, his Lordship Hans
>> Faust. He braved the nasty icy roads on Sat to drive > over 80
>> miles round trip to rescue these fine gentles and deliver them to
>> us > safely. His actions are to be appaulded and we are sincerely
>> thankful to him.> > Octavia and Daffydd> Frozen shire of Brad
>> Leah> Greetings,> > It is with Happiness that report that Ld iL
>> Danach and Ld. Isabella > (Dana and Jackie) are now in the safe
>> hands of that wonderful Shire , Brad Leah. > The Seneschal, Earl
>> Daffydd and Lady Octavia have now picked them up from > Hosp. and
>> have taken them under their wings. >

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com