[Ansteorra] Our northern brothers and sisters

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu Jan 18 06:08:29 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 08:53:38PM -0600, Burke McCrory wrote:
> At 06:40 PM 1/17/2007, you wrote:
> >  So is everyone up there okay?  Anyone still without electricity or heat?
> >
> >Francesca
>
> In most of the state, power is fine but down in the southeast there
> are still thousands without power.  On a positive (to the kids at
> least) most schools (at least in OKC) have been closed since Friday
> and will not resume classes until this Friday at the earliest.  To
> much ice on the side streets for the buses to run safely.

When reading the reports of power outages, it should be kept firmly in
mind that the power companies are counting *customers* without power,
not *people* without power. One customer may well be a large family
or a commercial enterprise. If we were to lose power at our house, it
would count as one customer, but would affect eight people.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO