[Ansteorra] OT (maybe?): Veil/Vail?

Elaine Starkey estarkey at camalott.com
Thu Jan 25 09:21:31 PST 2007

Some of the costume patterns have veil patterns in them, such as Butterick
6197, Simplicity 7756.  There are also nice patterns for veils in the bridal
sections of the pattern books.  I don't exactly remember which pattern I
used when I made my daughter's wedding dress, but it looked fabulous.  I
used a pearl choker for the circlet, drapery sheer fabric (instead of the
modern use net), and trimmed it with a heavy lace.  I'd suggest you go and
look at the pattern books at your local fabric place, and see if there are
any that you like.  It'd be a lot easier on your finance's grandmother if
she could have a basic pattern to at least look at.

ryah