[Ansteorra] Marshalling pole challenge

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 10:48:49 PST 2007

Salut cozyns,

I had the same thouht initially, Faelan, but section 12 of the Ansteorran
Complete Participant's Handbook, section 12.II.A.1 on marshalling shaves
specifies:

The staff shall be made of rattan or pultruded fiberglass (NOTE: PVC caps or
equivalent
must securely cap each end of any pultruded fiberglass shafts). No hardwood
shafts or
dowel rods are allowed.
<<<<

Personally, I can't see any point in that rule. Jean Paul? Your Majesty?

En Lyonel
Impedimentum via est
(The obstacle is the path)