[Ansteorra] Marshalling pole challenge

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Wed Jan 31 08:56:38 PST 2007

A lot of rules and practices are different between rapier and armored
combat. If a marshal works both sides then he is responsible for knowing
and complying with the rules for the type of combat he is marshaling at
the time. If someone is not capable of doing that then I don't want them
marshaling.

Also, did I understand that this is NOT an SCA rule but is Ansteorra
specific and that other kingdoms DO use hardwood staves? If so, I
suspect they have done so for many years and in many thousands of
fights. I think we might ask them just how many of these broken staff
stabbings they have had. We might also look at what they do to prevent
the use of pine closet rod (if they do).

Christian Doré