[Ansteorra] Date of the event that Ansteorra got its name

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:58:02 PDT 2007

At 01:45 PM 7/5/2007, you wrote:

>thank you very much.
>Were you there? I seem to remember you but I am not sure. A lot of
>water has gone under the brigde. Could you write you remberances if
>you were there.
>
>Willow

I was only there on Saturday for the classes. It's been a *long*
time, and I only remember snippets: the site was a couple of
adjoining houses, some classes were in the driveways, some in the
living rooms... Sir Koris demonstrating how to do a snap blow and an
inside edge blow with a broadsword... videotaping a dance class so my
younger brother could teach it to the folks in his high school. I
*think* we all went out to a Polish restaurant with Greyraven afterwards.

I flew back to Houston Sunday morning; I remember picking up a copy
of "The Broken Sword" in the airport, and being amused to see that at
the end of the foreword the author signed himself "Poul Anderson, who
in the Society for Creative Anachronism is known as Sir Bela of Eastmarch."

         -Tivar Moondragon