[Ansteorra] OT?: SCA baby

Chelsea Durham baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:33:00 PDT 2007

My fellow Ansteorrans,
In previous threads on this list that I actually paid attention to, I've
noticed tips and such for parenting in the SCA. That's awesome. I don't
remember really any of it. My questions for all of you are these: What can
one do to make baby furniture look period? (Things such as playpens, swings,
etc) Do people camp with their younglings? What time of the year do you camp
if you do? What's considered baby courtesies in the SCA? (Obviously one
should remove themselves from court if said baby starts crying, but what
about in camp?) Really, I'd love some pointers on how to introduce a new
baby to the SCA, if everyone can reply privately so as to not gum up the
list since this more of a call for advice than for discussion.

-Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel
None is deceived but he who trusts too much.