[Ansteorra] baby leashes

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tue Jul 10 11:20:22 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 01:06:33PM -0500, Cisco Cividanes wrote:
> I'm a firm subscriber to the baby-leash concept, especially with my
> nearly-two-year-old being as strong and as fast as he is. Its extremely
> impractical for directing a walking child (at least mine, anyway), but
> it does negate the need to chase them if they decide to make a break for
> it.

> Just out of morbid curiosity, has anyone else ever been openly chastised
> for using a baby leash?

I've suffered it, and I've seen others suffer it -- generally from
"people" who had zero clues, couldn't catch one if it were sleeping,
had nothing to say, and insisted on saying it at length. *sigh*

> I have been called "A lazy worthless example of a father"  by one
> forty-something woman at the mall one time. I was about to rebut the
> statement when three or four passers-by beat me to the punch. In the end
> it was a rather funny scene watching her get berated by a bunch of her
> contemporaries.

I really don't understand why these "people" find it necessary -- or
even desirable -- to try to tell others that a baby leash isn't
appropriate. As if they didn't have something more important to do,
such as laundry or cleaning their toenail clippers. If it were a
health or safety issue, that'd be one thing, but when it's just a
matter of taste, it becomes quite another.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO