[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 15, Issue 14

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 12:12:20 PDT 2007

From: zubeydah at northkeep.org
Subject: [Ansteorra] looking for a metalworking artisan
To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc."
Greetings and felicitations...

A dear friend/family member received a Grant of Arms in the Outlands last weekend - their sumptuary laws are different than ours in Ansteorra. He is now permitted (sort of required, for the first few months, by custom, apparently) to wear a circlet.

I am looking for an artisan that works in metals, that might make on a
commission basis, or have available stock for sale, a circlet, narrower than 1/2".

It would need to be masculine and not particularly fancy. I'm looking for a gold-toned metal, ideally.

Anyone have any resources / suggestions / referrals for me?

Curiously,
Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya

******************
Dearest Zubeydah,

I would highly recommend the work of Master Aethelstan.  His email address is master_aethelstan at yahoo.com.  He makes circlets, belts, award collars and much more.  One example of his work is the "brass hats" for Baron Ulf and Baroness Maleah -- one very feminine and one definitely not.

Congratulations to you friend and good luck to you

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde leanbh a Úna
Guild Head of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, Kingdom of Ansteorra
V-Scribe Canton of Skorragardr
Deputy Northern Regional Scribe
Member of Clann Lochlan
Member of Clann Haddock