[Ansteorra] Inca's in Norway???

Richard Yeager chuymonstre at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 08:03:03 PDT 2007

I have to agree.  This IS science.  It may not be correct or what people want to believe, but what they have done so far is science.  While a fairly fantastical idea of Incas in Norway (or Vikings in Peru), the explanation given is a reasonable place to start an inquiry.  We do know that certain medical conditions are largely limited to certain ethnic/tribal groups.  If this condition is truly one of those, then it makes as much sense that the remains are from the affected ethnic group than a random mutation occurring in another ethnic group.

Science is pretty staid and conservative.  This find will be debated and further studied for some time yet.  Rejecting it out of hand because it does not fit current theories is something of a disservice.

Cuan mac Niall

Cisco Cividanes <engtrktwo at earthlink.net> wrote: The paper was reporting a theory, and as it stands the theory is not
beyond the realm of possibility.

And I don't think that the 'reasonable' comment is appropriate either.
To my mind that is just as presumptuous as you are accusing them of being.
A LOT of today's hard facts were at one point laughed at when they were
in the theory stages years back. Just so long as no one tries to teach
*this* as fact prematurely, I don't believe the charge of
'sensationalism' fits.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk