[Ansteorra] Short or tall? was Sleeping sitting up vs lying down

Chelsea Durham baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:58:52 PDT 2007

If the medieval doorway at the Cloisters in New York City is any indication,
I would have to say that they were shorter than their modern counterparts.
I'm 5'4" and I was taller than the doorway. If in fact it is true that the
Medieval people were shorter than modern people, it's likely because of
malnutrition. The women were short if they had children at a young age. If a
woman has a child before she stops growing, her bones will fuse and growth
will stop. (That is something I learned in biology so don't shoot me, shoot
the book) however it's something I've also observed in dogs and cats.

-Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel
None is deceived but he who trusts too much.