[Ansteorra] QUEENS?

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 20:16:57 PDT 2007

   As Herrin Hedwig said, Don Christoforo Antonio Passavanti bested the
undefeated Don Avery Shaw in the final, very hard fought, fight(s) in a list
of nearly 40 fighters.
   Korakr Rurikson, current Guardian of the Glove, claimed victory and was
named Guardian of the Queen's Hope.
   Her Majesty did grant to Diedrich Andrieszen (of Shadowlands) the award
of the Queen's Rapier.  He made it to the top eight fighters, only being
defeated by Don Robert MacPharland (twice) and was fighting very well (no
surprise to those who fight with him often).
   Queen Ebergardis also gave both Gaston Dalstein and Kerik, a youth rapier
fighter who sustained a major knee injury during the Queen's Hope
Tournament, both from Vatavia, Calontir, the award of the Queen's Rapier.
Lord Gaston also swore fealty to Their Majesties and promised to fight with
Ansteorra at Gulf War!
   I would also like to give word fame for Lord Engenulf of Gate's Edge who
stepped in as event steward for Don Brian MacCael with only about one month
to prepare and also to his entire staff.  They did a fine job!  Also, Herrin
Hedwig made a delicious sideboard lunch!
   Thank you to all those heralded, marshaled, ran the list, and helped with
set-up, take-down, and clean-up.  It is only with your service that we can
do what we love safely and, therefore, enjoy the SCA.

Brian
Golden Staff