[Ansteorra] Inca's in Norway???

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Fri Jul 13 07:12:24 PDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 08:58:05AM -0500, agnarr wrote:
> I found this news article and it is something to think about if this turns out to be true.
>
> http://www.norwaypost.no/cgi-bin/norwaypost/imaker?id=87357
>
> Agnarr

It's sensation, not science.

Body X, found in Scandinavia, has a particular deformation of the
skeleton.

Bodies A-W, found in South America, have until now been the only
bodies in which that particular deformation has been seen.

The journalist concludes that Body X must be from South America.

A _reasonable_ person would conclude that the cause of the deformation
may be more widespread than previously known, or that Body X had the
same deformation as a result of a mutation or disease which was unique
to Body X in the Scandinavian population.

If Bodies 1-25, also found in Scandinavia, exhibit the same skeletal
deformation, _then_ it becomes a much more interesting problem, but
so far there's only Body X, from which the journalist generalizes.
It is unwise to generalize from a single instance.

The journalist is in the business of whipping up circulation, which he
does by shouting "Zebra!" and pointing, every time he hears hoofbeats.
I'm more likely to look at the source, say "Horses again", and go back
to whatever I was doing.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO