[Ansteorra] Sleeping sitting up vs lying down

Lady Valkyrie lady-valkyrie at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 19 20:21:36 PDT 2007

Well, the average hight HAS increased somewhat, by a few inches I think, but not so drastically as to explain shorter beds or low doorways (conserved heat).  Better nutrition means greater heights are more likely - however yeah - not the foot or so they seem to be going for LOL

kris

Cisco Cividanes <engtrktwo at earthlink.net> wrote: Actually, if no one minds, I would like to expand this topic by a bit.

I was under the impression that the "they were smaller back then" idea
had been debunked. Though don't ask me where I got this idea from..

What is the current thinking? Do statistics and physical evidence
support the idea that the average hight of the "medieval" period
European was less than that of the their modern counterparts?

Ivo Blackhawk.