[Ansteorra] SCA Asian Persona Survey

Andrew Benton spearweasel at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 19:30:38 PDT 2007

Greetings!

  My name is Kamaitachi no Kansuke, known to some as  "Spearweasel". I can be found in the Barony of Bryn-Gwlad. I am  interested in gathering names, locations, and contact information from  SCAdians playing personae that hail from East Asia: China, Japan,  Korea, or the Mongol Empire.  You may think of this as a crude census if you like, so that all of us  can get a clearer picture of how many such players are actually out  there. I have already placed a website online, at the URL below:

  http://www.brassbricks.com/sca/east_asian_personae_main.htm

    Because there are already plenty of email groups in existence, this  will not be used in that capacity. It will primarily be used to foster  a sense of community and solidarity among its members. In my  experience, there are many more of us out there than most are aware of,  but there has been seemingly little concerted effort to bring everyone  together in one place. It is my fondest wish that this project will  help in some minute way. If you are interested, please provide me with  the following information.

   Persona Name and Titles
   Mundane Name
   Location (SCA or Mundane)
   Brief Persona Background (nationality, origin, et cetera)
   Email Address (or other preferred contact method)

    If you have pictures, or a website that you'd like linked to, please  include those as well. I have not decided on a format for individual  entries yet, as that will depend largely on the sort of response I get.  Finally, I ask that you pass this message along to other email lists or  communities that you think might be interested.

    Please contact me at   your convenience at spearweasel at yahoo.com

    Humbly,
    Kamaitachi no Kansuke
    aka "Spearweasel"

If you were a poor Indian with no weapons, and a bunch of conquistadors came up to you and asked where the gold was, I don't think it would be a good idea to say, "I swallowed it. So sue me."

-Jack Handey