[Ansteorra] SCA in the News, Vol. 1, Issue 21

Blair Frodelius blair at frodelius.com
Sun Jul 29 15:18:57 PDT 2007

_*SCA in the News: Volume 1, Issue 21 - July 19-29, 2007*__*
*_ _*
Blade Builder: Master Swordsmith Hones His Craft
<http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070729/BIZ/707290330>*_
Times Herald-Record, New York
So, why did Lundemo take to sword fighting? "It's exhilarating," he
said. "It's a good workout. It's exciting. It's risky. It's stupid. It's
insane. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I've been to the
hospital so many times."
**
*_Good Old Times_*
<http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/jul/09/jousting-warriors-recall-eras/>_
<http://www.faireinthegrove.com/>_
Peninsula Clarion, Alaska
"It's not a great way to pick a ruler because you want a sensible one,"
she said laughing. "Our kings have been hit in the head several times,
but they choose sensible queens."
*
**_Swords Clash in Salt Lake Park_*
<http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,695194988,00.html>
Deseret Morning News, Utah
Karen Houston, better known as Bengta Rolssotter ("Ralph's daughter"),
used to enjoy a good battle until she needed a knee replacement. Now she
prefers Nordic weaving. "It was fun to visit schools, bang on my shield,
then pull off my metal helmet to shake out my long hair," she says. Even
at 60, "grandmas can wear medieval battle boots," she says.

_*
<http://www.kansan.com/stories/2007/jul/11/local_history_geeks_celebrate_anachromism/>*__*
<http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2186&Itemid=99>*_*/_Fun
link of the week_/**  Murder at the War:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/FTL_Publications/matw.htm*
<http://gotmedieval.blogspot.com/>
*/_Video of the week_/* **Pennsic Shield-Cam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LO4Z2-LN7c

****
/SCA in the News courtesy of Gyles de Blair
<http://www.manor.frodelius.com>, //Barony of Delftwood
<http://www.delftwood.org/>, Kingdom of Aethlemearc
<http://www.aethelmearc.org>/