[Ansteorra] apprentice vs. protege

Elisabeth B. Zakes kitharis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:22:53 PDT 2007

Apprentice, Protege, and Squire are equivalent job titles that describe a
student relationship to the relevant Peer: Laurel, Pelican, or Knight/Master
of Arms. The only thing the title says is "I wish to learn from you" and "I
agree to teach you." There are no specified, designated, or "official"
rights and responsibilities. That relationship is worked out between the
Peer and the student, and what they agree to is completely up to them.

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad