[Ansteorra] Things I have seen

HLOriana at aol.com HLOriana at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 19:02:47 PDT 2007

In a message dated 6/4/2007 8:49:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
king_of_dragons76010 at yahoo.com writes:

The  young people who helped at the games this
year were not thanked personally,  but  only got the
general thank you's normally given at the end of  the
demo.

Sorry, that's what we all get, a 'group hug' at the end of the day.   At a
feast, for instance, the cook may get called out to take a bow, but the  servers
shouldn't expect a hand shake and "Well done" from the King.  As a  fighter,
I always thanked the water bearers, but no one should get their  feelings hurt
if they get a group "Huzzah" from the fighters at the end of the  tourney.

AoA distribution has always been something of a mystery to me.  My  oldest
got her's at 13, but loads of folk go years without one, largely because  it is
assumed that they already have one.  I suspect that that is  especially the
problem with people who grew up in the SCA.  Everyone knows  them and no one
thinks to check the OP to see what awards they have  received.

Oriana Corbizzi