[Ansteorra] King's College Thank You

Terri Hirling thirling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:08:11 PDT 2007

Unto the great populace of Ansteorra do Baroness Isabeau and Lady Cristyana
send greetings

King's College exceeded our expectation, thanks to you, the populace of
Ansteorra.  We had 262 through the gate.  We thank all who braved the heat
to join us in our endeavor to bring to a King's College like no other.  We
had many, many favorable comments and hope that this type of format may be
repeated in the future.

Our Kingdom could not have enjoyed the great success we had without the help
of many individuals.  Lady Cristyana and I, as co-event stewards, desire to
express our personal gratitude.  We know the list is lengthy but each of
these individuals deserve our recognition, so please bear with us.

First and foremost, we'd like to thank TRMs for both Their patronage and for
teaching; and TRHs for Their patronage and allowing King's College the
opportunity to host Royal Huntsman;

To HE Master Ihon Vinson macFergus, Teacher Coordinator who worked
diligently to set up a workable schedule and accommodate all those who
taught;

To Lady Brenna MacDonald, website designer and class registrar, who kept
Ihon from making too many mistakes;

To Mistress Gwyenth Blackrose for the initial idea of incorporating
equestrian with King's College and for giving us this opportunity when we
suggested placing the entire event outdoors to accommodate classes not
usually taught;

To Mistress Annes Clotilde von Bamburg, Gatekeeper; as always kept a lively
and efficient gate;

To HL Mea Passavanti who helped me coordinate the sideboard lunch, Herrin
Hedwig von Luneborg, maker of the wonderful tarts for the sideboard lunch,
and all those who helped prepare and serve: Lady Alessandra Giovanna dei
Medici, Lady Ann Barrington, Lady Elise le Galice, Lady Alesone Leslie, and
Lady Sabine (there was one other good gentle that helped serve, but I failed
to get her name;

To HL Thomas ate Woode, Lady Jane Delamere, and Lord Malachi, Co-Setup
Coordinators (and those who braved the heat to assist them in their task);

HL Eadric Anstapa and the Company of St. Sebastian, who helped us by
coordinating and preparing the site, and coordinating the Academy of the Bow
and Royal Huntsman;

To Lady Ciarnet of Firethorn, Facilities Coordinator (we know it's a nasty
job but someone had to do it J);

To Lady Vasalisa of Stargate, Takedown Coordinator and those who added their
efforts either Saturday evening, Sunday, or both;

To Lady Valerie Marcella de Martinez, Toys for Tots Coordinator and Herald's
table;

To HL Alden Drake, Coordinator of the Bardic Activities;

To Lords Dietrich Strobelbart and Lord Dale (of Loch Soillier) for
Heralding;

Lady Maria de Medici, chair pickup, setup and trash hauler;

HL Thomas atte Woode and Lady Jane Delamare, the transporters of Baronial
"stuff";

HE William Wescot of
Welewen<http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/op-names.php?search=William%20Wescot%20of%20Welewen&id=4806>,
Baron of Loch Soillier, and Lady Natalia Auvert for making an emergency food
run for lunch when we discovered our attendance number far exceeded our
expectation;

Lord Leofwine of Sumersaetum and Lady Sarra Asshton of York, who assured
that no vagabonds ran off with the Kingdom's stipend;

HE Elisabeth of Bordermarch and all those who assisted Mistress Annes at
gate;

The Shire of Shadowlands for providing a welcome relief on a hot summer day
with wonderful frozen treats enjoyed by everyone;

The teachers of King's College 2007, this was a great event because you
shared your interests and talents; and

lastly, we thank one another for reminding each other over these past
several months that we really are sane human beings.

If we have forgotten anyone, please accept our most humble apologies.  It
takes many hands to present an event and we tried to recognize all those who
had a hand in its success, if you were missed it was an oversight on our
part and not because we didn't appreciate the work you did.

Warm regards,

Baroness Isabeau Quiquandon

Lady Cristyana Lambrecht

--
"We live in two worlds . . .  the world into which we are born, and the
other world that is born within us.  Both may be a blessing or a curse.  We