[Ansteorra] Things I have seen

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 11:55:27 PDT 2007

willowdewisp at juno.com wrote:

    >Mistress Hillary has mentioned youth awards. I don't believe in them. I believe that young people   who have worked along with the adults should be given the same awards as adults. Young people like   Baron Master Edwin who was 15 when he started in pre kingdom Ansteorra made us what we are. I was   18 when I joined.  I was 23 when I started organizing my part of early Ansteorra. Two of the young   men that kept the Steppes alive had just turned 21 when I got here. The Baroness of Wisenfer was   working on events as an important part of our teams when she was 8. We need to treat the people who   are working shoulder to shoulder with us as our equals. Not give them junior awards.
  >willow

  I also agree that youths who do adult level work consistency should be rewarded equally with adults, however, those awards are granted by the Crown and not all quickly grant awards to youths not of age.  By offering youth awards, such as the 'Rising Star', it still grants the youth's recognition for their efforts, else, they'd get nothing, save perhaps public thanks.

  Youth service awards are still important for those youths and children who participate as much as they are able within the context of being a kid, but still participating at an events and in our societies.  For those able to step up to a higher level of service, as equal to an adult, I have no problem with them receiving adult awards, and have written recommendations for such.
  Hillary