[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 14, Issue 32

Goldweard goldweard at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 19:44:30 PDT 2007

The usages of titles within the sca can conflict with
persona play sometimes.    I'll give two examples

my persona as it stands right now.
I finally have my AoA.  but using the title Lord
Goldweard  in formal situations doesn't feel right to
my persona.   I would still like some sort of title in
these situations.  So the usage of Brother is a close
approximation.

Years ago I wanted to have a persona of a merchant.
However a merchant would have been a Master within
that cities local guild in order to be a shop owner.
Since I am not a peer using the title of Master would
create problems, though in period I would have been
Master Goldweard.

I had thought it would be fun to develop an alternate
persona of a con artist posing as some sort of
nobility, but some people would not find it funny so I
will not do it.

Goldweard