[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 14, Issue 35

george basore murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 19:43:30 PDT 2007

 Message: 1
 Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 00:13:12 GMT
 From: "willowdewisp at juno.com"
 <willowdewisp at juno.com>
 Subject: [Ansteorra] 3 persona how intense
 To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org

 "I have a Gypsy Persona, The Grand Duchess Zaferia of
 the Maresh tribe. Many people do not like my Gypsy.
 Many personas would not like Gypsies. I understand
 this and I understand."

   Quite right, Your Grace.
  This is a point I have spent a great deal of time
trying to explain to SCAdians who have chosen a
certain "direputable" nautical Persona.
  In all my various explanations of Lord Admiral
Haddock's life at sea, before becoming Admiral  of the
Royal Navy, I have NEVER broadcast that undesirable
word, "Pirate".
  Any Gentle that is trying even basic persona play
would show a negative attitude towards anyone
portraying a Pirate.
  Pirates were NOT romantic heroes in the SCA periods!
  They were hated and feared as much as norsemen, and
Moors.
  The sooner people come to grips with this simple
fact, the sooner hard feelings can be avoided.
  Two things to remember, 1)It IS called "Persona
PLAY"
2) If you insist on playing an unpopular Persona,
expect to be treated "in character" as the Persona
would have been treated.
  Then, remembering those two points, have fun playing
the game.
  If, on the other hand, you cannot stand being
treated like a criminal, during the event where you
are a pirate persona, I strongly advise you to choose
another persona.

              Ld Adm Robert Haddock:; Ansteorran Royal Navy, Ret.

  Ansteorra expects we do our duty. You cannot do more.
  To do your duty is to do everything, exactly right.