[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 14, Issue 38

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 17 20:22:23 PDT 2007

On Jun 17, 2007, at 10:08 PM, george basore wrote:

> I AM an arrogant man, in and out of persona.
>   Arrogantly proud of my naval service, that is.
>
>   Ld. Rob Haddock
> MKA George A. Basore, SR.  USN Retired.

Beg pardon, Lord Haddock:

Would that "SR" stand for "Seaman Recruit" -- i.e., E-1, the first
rank given to every sailor in boot camp? I'm curious how one could be
"retired" from the USN (i.e. 30 years of service) at the rank of
Seaman Recruit? Surely I have misunderstood you in some way...?

No offense intended either way, just wondering,
Michael