[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 14, Issue 38

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 18 05:14:26 PDT 2007

On Jun 18, 2007, at 1:58 AM, Richard and Dee Springer wrote:

> I believe that the Sr. suffix at the end of the mundane name
> mentioned may be the commonly used abbreviation for "Senior",  not
> a reference to mundane military rank at all. :) If there is a child
> who bears the same name as a father,  they may use the abbreviation
> Jr. as a suffix to their name.

Excellent point, Rainault. On re-reading, I see the likelihood of
this explanation.

> I could be wrong, as I'm only an inbound newbie,and don't know the
> gentlemen who made either post, but it's a commonly used
> abbreviation and often refers to the paternal/child relationship
> instead of any military rank.
>
> Rainault

You make another good point. :-)

That being: it's all too easy (for any of us) to hurry to the
keyboard and guess at an answer, when the person who *knows* the
answer could tell us *definitively*... if we would just wait a little
while to find out. Something which we all could bear remembering from
time to time on this list. ;-)

Kind regards,
Michael