[Ansteorra] [Hou-announce] Don Brian MacCael's Situation

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 09:43:27 PDT 2007

Don Brian went into surgery at around Midnight and
came out around 6:30 this morning.

They pinned and stiched him back together ;)
and the prognosis is good.

He is in Shock Trauma ICU. He will be heavily sedated today.

Since he was life-flighted... and  they give people "nicknames"
for the 1st 24 to 48 hours you may or may not be able to find him under his name.

His nurse asked me to remind people that per HIPPA
they can only give information to specific individuals.

He has asked that if people want to send cards, pictures, or other well wishes
to please wait til he takes up residence in a private room.

He reitterated to me that he thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Per the paper it was a head-on collision. The other driver overcorrected and hit him. The other driver and one of the two children in the car were also lifelighted.

L DeerSlayer

Brian O'hUilliam <brianoftheloch at gmail.com> wrote: Greeting everyone,
   I actually got to get in and see Don Brian tonight at about 8:30 along
with Herrin Hedwig.  He has many scratches and his entire left side is
really banged up.  He has fractures in his left elbow, femur, and heel.
Thankfully there is no internal or head trauma!
   The accident itself was not a head-on collision as was previously
reported, but Brian was T-boned on a winding road.  At this time, we have no
information on the guy who hit Brian or if anyone else was involved.
   He was alert and in his usual spirits when we visited and only wanted
someone to get his rapier gear out of car.  He also wanted me to inform
everyone that he wont be a fighter practice tomorrow :-).
   Brian should be in surgery right now.  He's got a lot of PT ahead of him
and it will a long time before he fights again, but, thankfully, he will be
fine.  He is at Memorial Hermann at the Medical Center in the Shock Trauma
ICU (STICU).  He thanks you all for your prayers and kind wishes.
   As for Morgan, she was with her mother at the time of the accident and is
fine.

Thank you all,

Brian O' hUilliam
Cadet to Don Brian MacCael