[Ansteorra] Speaking of Persona

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 12:47:20 PDT 2007

I need some help.

  While I have done quite a bit of research on what my persona would wear  both in era and Nationality, I am needing to make an outfit that is  "out of period" for my persona.

  Milord husband and I have the honor of carrying ambassadorial papers  from the Kingdom of Ansteorra to Drachenwald.  Specifically, we  get to attend Visby's Medieval Week where they "celebrate" the battle  of 1288.

  Since 1288 is earlier than my persona, I'm coming up quickly on a trip  to Sweden and want to be appropriately dressed for the occasion.   Is there anyone out there who has some ideas of what was worn in late  13th century?  I'd do the research myself, but I'm afraid I won't  have time to do that and make my garb as well.

  Thanks for any and all ideas.

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde leanbh a Úna
Guild Head of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, Kingdom of Ansteorra
V-Scribe Canton of Skorragardr
Deputy Northern Regional Scribe
Member of Clann Lochlan
Member of Clann Haddock